The Treasurer is responsible for
- Keeping proper records of all transactions
- Preparing financial statements for each Board meeting
- Preparing a brief financial report for each Board meeting
- Ensuring accounts for payment are noted in the monthly financial report and authorising these
- Liaising with the Branch Manager to set an annual budget
- Approving and signing funding applications at times as an office bearer
- Ensuring all financial information required by the auditor is made available to them
- Liaising with SBS and Westpac to ensure their auditor's confimation reports are received in good time for audit purposes (End of year is 30th June and the AGM is held within 2 months of that date - with the audited accounts completed)
- Presenting the Financial Report at each AGM
- Making sure financial records etc. are returned from the Auditor and given to the Office Manager to file
- Ensuring the debit card is topped up to a minimum of $300 each month
- Ensuring the transactional account does not have excess money sitting in it - transfer to investment account within SBS, unless approved otherwise by the Board
Xero is used by our Branch
No requirements are needed, but someone experienced with Xero and financials would be a preferred candidate.
A Ministry of Justice background check is required for this role.
A few hours a month, with more needed for auditing.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board
Apply for this role: