• Ensure a high level of administration support by processing mail and courier deliveries.
• Ensure that all enquiries are handled in a timely and professional manner, liaising as appropriate with Area committee and District or Regional staff to resolve enquiries.
• Receiving and receipting customer payments.
• Maintain all stationery, uniform, store, first aid kits and property supplies.
• Always ensure the reception area to be kept clean and tidy.
• Co-ordinate property/venue bookings, as required or delegated, by responding to enquiries and co-ordinate bookings, ensuring venues are ready for hire and re-inspect after venue hire, that hires have comply with requirements and sending out monthly rental accounts.
• Facilitate promotion of St John by assisting in the scheduling of public, community or professional group presentations and displays.
• Contribute to a sale and healthy workplace through consistent support for health, safety and wellness activities, including application and promotion of associated initiatives, policies, procedures and risk management to help achieve St John’s desired Think Safe, Act Safe, Home Safe HS&W culture.
• Contribute proactivity as a member of the team through putting forwards recommendations to enhance service; and attending and actively contributing to appropriate meetings.
• In accordance with organisational policies and procedures, perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
• Current clean drivers licence.
We are looking for volunteers to cover our Dunedin reception Monday - Friday between 10.00am - 2.00pm. We would envisage a volunteer to commit to 4 hours per week.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.