The Waitaki Whitestone Geopark is hosted within the Waitaki & Oamaru Visitor Centre in Oamaru. We need volunteers to:
• Man the Geopark’s front desk
• Greet people to the Geopark corner of the Visitor Centre in Oamaru
• Share information about the Waitaki Whitestone Geopark, its displays and unique stories of the Waitaki region
Volunteers will gain:
• Increased knowledge of Waitaki’s heritage – The stories of our land and our people
• Fantastic opportunities to meet both locals and visitors and work with an enthusiastic team of people
• Great personal development with opportunities to upskill
The Trust will provide training about the Geopark and other relevant Waitaki features and stories.
• Welcoming, polite and concise verbal communication and tidy presentation
• Honest, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
• Basic computer literacy ideal
• An interest in and passion for promoting the Waitaki Whitestone Geopark positively in the community and visitors
There is a 5 day / week roster with shifts between 10-1 and 1-4 (Thursday – Monday) during the school term. During school holidays, there is a 7 day / week roster with the same shifts. Ideally, volunteers would commit to 1 shift per week. Preferably, volunteers would be able to commit to an at least 3-month placement.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.