Monthly Meetings (1st Thursday of the month - 7.30pm-9.30pm)
- Reporting the financial state of the group at every meeting
- Having bank statements available
Other Specific Duties
- Preparing record of Income & Expenditure every month
- Preparing annual financial statement (31 March) in accordance with Charities’ reporting standard tier 4
- Managing cash flow – being aware of future Income & Expenditure and alerting the committee to any possible shortfalls / surplus
- Provide budgetary assistance when needed
- Reconciling bank statements to accounts
- Organising for the accounts to be audited by an independent auditor
- Forwarding financial reports to company’s office and file annual charity return
- Retaining financial statements for 7 years
- Changing signatures for the bank and administrating Westpac online banking
- Generate invoices for sales and provide receipts
- Managing centre payments on weekly basis
- Do banking for centre monies
- Maintaining Xero ledger
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Someone with basic accounts knowledge is preferred, though training will be provided.
- Knowledge of G-Suite
Bonus: Prior knowledge of Xero
A Police background check is required for this role.
On average this can be done 1 - 2 hours each week. Slightly longer on Payment weeks (20th of the month predominantly). More time will need to be taken around the end of the Financial Year (March 31st) to prepare our Performance Report for the AGM and account audit/reviews as required.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Youth & Children
Apply for this role: