Aspiring Gymsports are an inclusive, accessible, progressive, family friendly club in Wanaka that offers a range of dynamic gymsports programs. They have a diverse membership base that enjoy the positive atmosphere and recreational activities. Their gymsports programmes are guided by New Zealand Gymnastics and assist gymnasts to reach their full potential.
They are looking for a new treasurer to join their committee by the end of 2021. The main purpose of the treasurer is to be responsible for the finances of Aspiring Gymsports, ensuring all reporting requirements are met, to review the books and make sure that Aspiring Gymsports operates within the annual budget.
There is a separate admin role that is responsible for collecting and accounting for all dues, fees and funds and disburse all monies of Aspiring Gymsports and for preparing GST returns and payroll. The treasurer will always have the final responsibility for ensuring that sufficient funds are available and the necessary processes for reporting are in place.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Attending monthly Committee meetings and the AGM
- Lead financial planning and produce an annual budget (forecasted income and expenditure) in consultation with staff and other Committee members prior to financial year and monitor actual against budget monthly
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available at all times to support the organisatin's liabilities
- Approving payments and manage banking relationship as required
- Be able to use Xero, review transactions and run reports
- Manage IRD communications
- Make recommendations to the Committee about income and expenditure, investments and debts
- Provide regular financial statements to the committee and provide explanations and recommendations where required
- Produce a Statement of Financial Performance and Statement of Financial Position for the AGM
- Liaise with and assist the accountants in preparing a year end statement of accounts
- Helping to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required (e.g. charities office returns, grant reports etc)
Ideally, the Treasurer will:
- Have a Chartered Accountant qualification or relevant experience
- Have experience in financial control, budgeting and modelling
- Have experience in non-profit governance and financial reporting
- Be well organised and have strong attention to detail
- Be able to allocate regular time to maintain financial records.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Have an understanding of, and alignment with Aspiring Gymsports’ and objectives.
A Police background check is required for this role.
Preferably you are able to join the committee with a 3 year commitment - about 5/6 hours per month.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board
Apply for this role: