The South Dunedin Street Festival is a one-day event where lower King Edward Street is transformed into a field day showcasing performers, local artists, businesses and community service organisations. Volunteers help bring an exciting, enthusiastic energy to this community event, and they are looking for Zone Coordinators on the day of the event.
Please get in touch if you would like to facilitate one of their exciting festival zones, which is aimed at providing a variety of activities and entertainment, bringing together Ōtepoti Dunedin's diverse communities to share their passions.
As a zone coordinator you will be:
- Responsible for coordinating the activities within a particular zone
- Contributing to the success of the festival by helping different activities run smoothly on the day
- Children's Play Zone: Fun and exciting interactive zone providing toys to encourage kids to creative and imaginative play
- Busker's Zone: showcasing a variety of talents, the busker's zone coordinator will help buskers set up to perform and entertain the crowd
- Information Zone: help run the HQ tent: Directing attendees to zones, workshop spaces, demonstrations or performances, lost child pick up point and providing general information about the festival.
- Organising and supporting other volunteers.
- Personable and engaging
- Loves to organise and coordinate
- A great communicator
How volunteers are taken care of:
- Volunteers will be provided with light refreshments and have a dedicated area where you can chill out and mingle with other volunteers
(If you would like to know more about this fun, family event and how you can be involved, general enquiries are very welcome)
You are someone who:
- Enjoys volunteering within a collaborative and culturally diverse environment
- Has a passion for contributing to the success of large-scale events
- Is able to interact with others and provide support where needed
- May need to be on their feet for extended periods- only for certain roles
- Enjoys working alongside other community-minded festival volunteers
- Able to attend the 1.5 hour training session meeting before the festival
- Coordinate a Zone between 9am and 3pm on the day
(times may be shorter depending on whether the role is shared)
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: