Community Networks/LINK work to ensure the community development and social needs of all residents of the Upper Clutha region are met. Meals on Wheels delivery drivers are an essential part of this effort, as they bring prepared meals to elderly clients living across the region, who need just a little help to maintain an independent and healthy lifestyle.
The role involves:
- Collecting meals at Aspiring Enliven (next to the medical centre)
- Deliver to clients in Aspiring Lifestyle Village, Wanaka Retirement Village and around the Upper Clutha.
- On Fridays, collect weekend meals prepared by Food For Love at Community Networks/LINK as well
By volunteering you will:
- Have a positive impact on each client's life
- Support the elders in your community by providing a valuable service
- Have a chance to connect with a diverse group of individuals
Ideally you are someone who:
- Can communicate simply, clearly and with patience
- Has a sense of humour and jovial manner
- Shows empathy and a non-judgmental approach
- Shows a high level of honesty and confidentiality
- Be 18 years and over
- Have access to a vehicle with a current WOF and insurance
- Have a full, clean driver's license
A Police background check is required for this role.
- Delivery of up to 15 meals takes about an hour from 11:45am
- Two options: be on a roster, 1 week (Mon-Fri) approx. every 2 months or be available as a Relief Driver.
- Minimum 6 month commitment please
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: