Volunteer South promotes, supports and strengthens volunteering, creating stronger more connected communities.
We are passionate about volunteering and our main aims are to:
- Increase awareness of volunteer opportunities in the region, and encourage and inspire people to volunteer.
- Increase the capacity of local organisations involving volunteers and to ensure that everyone involved; the volunteers and the beneficiaries have a positive, meaningful and rewarding experience.
- Through positive volunteering experiences the community’s health, well-being and connectedness is improved.
Volunteer South's membership programme is for volunteer involving organisations or community groups that want to increase the level of support and awareness of their volunteer opportunities in the Southern region. Starting 2020, the new membership replaces our previous Friends Programme.
Volunteer South membership gives you access to:
- A meeting with our staff to discuss your needs, volunteer recruitment options, training and volunteer best practice.
- On going advice and support service around volunteer engagement and retention. Access to useful templates and resources.
- Our volunteer recruitment and community connections programme.
- Your own profile on our website, with unlimited listed roles.
- Your volunteer roles will also be listed on Social Impact Studios | UniCrew volunteers website as well (unless you request otherwise)
- Free promotion of your roles in our media including Facebook, Instagram, newsletters and our community connections programme, as well as through connections like media and apps.
- Access to our Mentorship service for dedicated support.
- Discounted rates to our professional development training and workshops.
- Discounted rates or free access to facilitated workshops in Ōtepoti | Dunedin including those for volunteers, volunteer managers or boards/committees.
- Free access to our Leaders of Volunteers monthly topic training in Ōtepoti | Dunedin and Waitaki; and bi-monthly networking in the Central Lakes.
- Invitation to join our regular networking opportunities in the community.
- An opportunity to take part in our celebrations for volunteer events like International Volunteer Managers Day and National Volunteer Week.
- Automatic subscription to our regular newsletters.
- Details of reduced rate public liability insurance with Rothbury Insurance.
Due to the onset of Covid-19 and uncertainty around funding the membership fee for organisations is complimentary until further notice.
For organisations that have multiple branches listed under the same number on the Charities Register there will be a cost relevant to the sliding scale for the first organisation and $25 for each additional branch (this cost will be complimentary until further notice).
In the future, if payment of the fees are difficult to meet for your organisation, you can apply in writing for the membership fee to be waived and these will be considered on a case by case basis and will be reviewed at the end of each year of membership.