New Zealand Red Cross meal delivery service supports older, ill, and disabled people living at home who would otherwise struggle to provide healthy meals for themselves. They need volunteers who are keen to deliver hot meals and have a friendly chat with people in need.
- Pick up meals in your car (Collect from Taieri Court - Residential Age Care)
- Deliver meals to people
- Have a brief chat at the door
- Further information and an initial orientation
- To make a huge difference to those who receive nutritious meals
- To go home feeling good, knowing they've served their community
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a friendly person
- Have your own legal/roadworthy vehicle (Current Rego/WoF and Ins)
- Have a valid full clean driver’s licence
- Supply two character references
You will be supported by NZ Red Cross to carry out the role effectively.
A Police background check is required for this role.
- Most of their drivers deliver meals for one hour per day for five days (mon-fri) every 7-8 weeks (deliveries are in the Mosgiel area)
- Shifts are flexible
- Start your shift at 11:20am and finish between 12:30 - 1pm
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: