Red Cross Retail Shops provide affordable shopping for the community, funding for our humanitarian work, and support sustainability through recycling unwanted items. Our retail shop volunteers help through a variety of ways, including -
- Unpacking and sorting goods
- Light cleaning duties are also available
- Interacting/chatting with customers
- Restocking and merchandising the shop
- Volunteers will only be asked to assist in areas that they feel comfortable with
This is an exciting opportunity to use your many skills, meet some amazing people, learn new things, and help your community all at the same time. Volunteers can gain personal satisfaction by helping out and being involved, as well as learn various aspects of retail operations.
Volunteers can expect:
- an induction and on-the-job training
- start off with a buddy until you are confident in the tasks to work independently
- a staff member as well as other volunteers in the shop for support and guidance
- opportunity to get a Certificate in Retail from Service IQ (This programme is free and available to volunteers who have been with Red Cross for 3 months. It takes 6-9 months and can cover Level 2 to Level 4.)
Ideal for someone who is:
- Friendly, with good communication skills
- Positive, with a can-do attitude
- Has an eye for design (bonus!)
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to do some lifting occasionally
- Enjoys interacting with people
- Looking to develop retail skills
A Police background check is required for this role.
- Flexible days - currently a high need on Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- The store is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturday 9am-3pm
- Must be available for a minimum half-day shift, from 9-1pm or 1-5pm.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: