Good Bitches Baking is a network of volunteers around Aotearoa who bake treats in their own kitchen for people having a tough time. The baking is shared via organisations that work with those people (think hospices, shelters, refuges, foodbanks, NICUs, mental health support agencies, and many more).
They are looking for more Good Bitches to join their whānau.
- You don't have to be a pastry chef!
- You are keen on baking and spreading kindness throughout your community
- You can be any gender, any age, any background, any financial situation
- They can support you if buying ingredients is a barrier for you.
- They have a really clever rostering system that allows you to determine how often you want to bake and when you're available to do so
- The system matches your availability with our recipient organisation's needs.
This role is ideal for someone who:
- Enjoys baking
- Able to follow health and hygiene procedures
- Able to drop off that baking during the day directly to the recipient organisation
- A couple of hours once per month to bake and drop off your baking Monday to Friday during working hours ( drop off varies by location)
- Volunteers are simply asked to bake once a month if possible.
- Volunteers are asked to complete an availability survey online each month to select the dates they are available to bake for the month following.
- At a minimum volunteers would be required to bake at least once every three months.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: