Since 1996, Life Education Trust Coastal Otago has been educating and empowering children to make healthy choices. Programmes cover both physical and mental health, teaching children about topics including food and nutrition, friendships and relationships, personal identity and helpful and harmful substances.
A truck driver is needed to bring the mobile classroom trailer to various schools in the Waitaki district.
What the role entails:
- Hook the tractor unit (truck) up to the trailer/classroom at one school and deliver to the next school
- School plans are provided so you knows where to park the classroom
- You would work independently, but educator and supervisor contact details provided for any support needed.
- The programme is delivered during the school day/term while the classroom is moved outside these times (usually after 3:30pm)
- It depends on the school/area as to where the truck/tractor unit can be left when the classroom is at the different schools
- There is no regular frequency/timeframe for moving the unit, as the length of time spent at a school depends on the size/number of pupils at the school.
- The distances/times travelled varies as some schools are close eg in a city there may be just a few kilometres between them whereas in the rural areas there may be twenty/thirty kilometres travelled to move the classroom.
- If you are able to fulfil
If this sounds of interest, and you'd like more details, please get in touch!
- Honest, safe and reliable as you will be working autonomously
- Hold a current Class 5 Heavy Trailer licence
- Run your own log book
- Have the ability to reverse, manoeuvre and park the unit inside school grounds
- If you're interested and available just part of these periods - do get in touch!
As mentioned above, frequency and length of shifts are variable depending on the distance between schools, and how long each school will have the classroom in place. When we are in the Oamaru/North Otago area, shifts average a couple of hours a week during the following periods:
- late February to early May (no movements over the school term break/Easter)
- a week at the end of October/start of November
Moves generally need to be made outside school hours, usually after 3:30pm.
Happy to take interest even if you are available for only part of the above time-frame.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: